Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Oopsie!!

Wow it's been over a month since I last posted. Whats funny is that I love reading blogs but I get mad when the blogs I read take like more than a day to update! OOPSIE!!

So Sunday, George and I went to the dog park and I saw a dog that I thought was from the Animal Welfare League. Well I mean I knew she was. She is a Cane Corso with really badly cropped ears and a HUGE scar down her whole back. So I went up to the woman and asked her if she adopted the dog from the shelter and she did she did, her name was Natasha! I was SO excited! I was like oh my gosh! I miss her so much! When she was at the shelter I thought, for sure no one will want her, she looks to "scary". Her previous "owners" thought that since she was a Cane Corso they could abuse her, crop her ears and throw acid on her to make her a fighting dog, and guess what...shes TOO sweet! She wouldn't do it. And luckily for her she made it to AWLA and she was adopted by a wonderful woman who said she was the PERFECT DOG!

This week we are getting estimates to paint the house. I was looking forward to doing it myself BUT then I went to peel some paint and plaster came off the wall, almost from ceiling to floor. So hopefully the painters will be in our price range!

I am probably going to California in June. I am so excited! I'm going to stay in Santa Barbara with my dear friend Beka Malloy who is battling Leukemia right now. She was diagnosed in January and she has been such a fighter. I love Beka for her fun spirit, she really lights up a room! Her sister and her friends threw her a benefit two weeks ago in DC and had a date auction and a live auction. It was so much fun! It was so great to see Beka and her family again too!

No comments:

Post a Comment