Sunday: We left DC around 830 am and we actually flew right over DC. It was really awesome. We landed in Houston around 10 their time and our flight for Vegas was around 1145. Surprisingly there was food AND movies on Continentals flights. It was very exciting! We landed in Vegas around 2, got our luggage, got a taxi and went to Ballys. We checked in to our room and decided we should get right back out there! No time wasted here! We walked towards MGM...I had to find my lions again! It was so crowded...and there were 3 guys in there. Then we took a cab to Hard Rock and ate at Hard Rock Cafe. Then we went back to the hotel. I fell asleep at 8pm pacific time...how sad!
Monday: We got up and had breakfast. I guess I should mention here that I have blisters on the bottom of my feet by my toes so walking is not that fun. Anyway, we go the other way on the strip and visit the Venetian and have lunch there. We were going to go on a gondola ride but our time was like 2 hours away so we saved that for Tuesday. We left the Venetian and went to Treasure Island to buy tickets to Mystere. Then we were going to go to Sigfried and Roy's Secret Garden at the Mirage but it was too rainy. We went back to our hotel and got ready for our fancy dinner at Todd English's Olives at the Bellagio. The dinner was pretty good. It was disappointing because the outside part was closed so it was really loud and that's where we wanted to sit! Then we watched the fountains. I LOVE the fountains! I could watch them all night.
Tuesday: We got up and went to the Flamingo and had their buffet for brunch. It was okay. It was kind of dirty...they left a lot of dishes on tables and there was a long wait and the restaurant wasn't full. Anyway then we walked around there for awhile and went to the Venetian to do the gondola ride. That was so worth it. It was a lot of fun. We sat with a nice young couple, who the gondolier though we were friends with and came to Vegas with! We then walked over to the Mirage and went through Sigfried and Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. Not really worth the $15 but they had tiger cubs so they were cute. Then we went back to the hotel and got ready for Mystere and our trip out to the Palms. We took the shuttle from Paris Hotel to the Rio hotel and then had to walk about 2 blocks to the Palms....just so my brother could have a Hart and Huntington tshirt...what a good sister I am! We ate at Panda Express there and then took a cab to Treasure Island. We gambled there for awhile then watched the Sirens of TI show. Its pretty cool...its outside and uses two "pirate ships". It was way different than the last time I was there but it was really cool. Then we headed over to Mystere. It was AWESOME! I really had no idea what to expect but I loved every minute of it! Then we took the seemingly LONG walk back to Ballys and got ready to leave in the morning.
Wednesday: We had breakfast and packed then took a cab to the airport. Everything was pretty uneventful...still excited about the movies on the planes and the food. Little sandwiches and chips...what more could you need! The flight from Houston to DC was awesome because it was like 1/3 to 1/2 full so we could all spread out. The flight itself was not so good. It was really windy and cloudy when we were coming in to land. It wasn't really turbulence but it was scary enough. Then we finally made it home...
WHERE TO NEXT?!
No comments:
Post a Comment