Wednesday, August 12, 2009

11 weeks...really late!

Oops! I totally thought that I posted this the other day! I guess between the two journals that I'm doing I completely forgot to put the how big is baby up here!

Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through it. But fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds, and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future. (thebump.com)

We have also picked out pretty much EVERYTHING this baby could ever need. We spent a lot of time at Babies R Us last week and we tested out the stroller and the car seat combo and looked at more cribs and bedding. The only bad thing is that the crib that we are looking at getting is not in ANY stores. You can buy it online but you can't actually see it in the store. Its frustrating because I want to actually touch it before spending money on it but I guess it's just not going to be possible. I joined Consumer Reports so we could get the safest stuff for the baby instead of just the cutest. Luckily some of the safe stuff is also cute so it works out well!

We were going to register last Friday but I felt a little superstitious so we decided to wait. I just want to buy everything right now but there really isn't any need. It would be painful to have it sitting in the house for 6 months and have to look at it every single day! The "big stuff" (aka the stroller, car seat, etc) we are going to get gender neutral so we can hopefully use it again. But I can't wait to have all pink or all blue clothes/towels/bibs!

Our next appointment is on Friday and I'm so excited/nervous! I am REALLY REALLY REALLY looking forward to hearing the heartbeat. I think even more than our first ultrasound. I mean it was AWESOME to see the tiny little baby but it didn't really look like a baby. I just feel like hearing the heartbeat means that there is really a baby in there. I have a feeling this will be a pretty quick appointment...or maybe not once he hears about my tumble down the stairs but I'm okay with that. This has just been the LONGEST 4 weeks of my entire life!

No comments:

Post a Comment