Monday, August 3, 2009

Old wives tales

Pretty much the day I found out I was pregnant I thought out baby was a girl. I have no idea why. We both want at least one of each and I ALWAYS thought that I wanted/would have a boy first. We don't get to find out for at least another 10 weeks (booo!) if it is a boy or girl but I keep hearing different old wives tales that point me both directions.

First I heard that if you have a lot of morning sickness its a girl. Then I heard if you aren't sick its a girl. I haven't had any morning sickness (knock on wood!) so that ones a draw. I did the Chinese Gender Predictor and it said boy. So we have 2 for boy and one for girl. The other thing is that we have a pretty good idea of what we would name our baby if its a boy. We have NO idea for girls names...which also leads me to thinking it will be a girl. AND I've had two very clear dreams that I had a boy, the first time I delivered him and the second time he was a couple months old and I was with him in a store.

I wish I could know now! I have no idea how people wait all 9 months to find out! All I wanted to do at Target last night was ransack the aisles and buy all blue or all pink things! We did decide that the big stuff (car seat/stroller, etc) we'd get more gender neutral so we can use them again...well the stroller at least but everything else I cannot wait to see blue or pink every where!

I think that we have decided on the crib and dresser, for now at least. I'm disappointed that more stores don't have a lot of them out so people can play with them before buying them. I hate to just see a picture online and base my decision what what the store says, what the picture looks like and the reviews. And Target is so ridiculous because they have everything up at like a 4 foot level and its tethered to the wall so you can't see anything up close or play with it.

Our dilemma is what to do with the furniture we all ready have in that room. We have a twin size bed and a dresser in there and I would like to keep them so that when we move to a bigger house we have them to put in the rooms. And of course the twin bed and the dresser could be used for years and years to come. I just don't want to put them in storage and I don't want to put them in the attic or they'll smell. We have a lot of time to think about it but honestly this is the best part to being pregnant so far. I don't get to buy anything yet and I'm not showing but its been so much fun to look around the stores at all the stuff that we'll need (or that I want!) and plan for the baby! I can't wait to start putting the nursery together!

1 comment:

  1. I know a lot of people cordinate bedding to match nursery and just leave the bed in the room. A girl from one of my moms group did an amazing job with this. she had a daybed in there already and had bedding made to match babys bedding. i dont know if you have enough room in there but just a thought!

    ReplyDelete