Friday, August 14, 2009

12 weeks and a heartbeat!

We had our 3rd appointment today and we heard the little baby's heartbeat! It was so exciting to hear it! I have been literally sick about this appointment for about 2 weeks just with the anticipation of actually hearing the heartbeat. I feel like we crossed a MAJOR hurdle today!

The baby's heart was beating 144 beats per minute which is perfect!! I lost 2 pounds so far which the doctor said is fine because my metabolism is a lot faster these days.
According to thebump.com As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of her systems are fully formed.
I cannot believe that the baby's systems are almost all formed in just 12 short weeks. We have our next appointment on September 14th and then in 6 weeks we can find out what gender the baby is!! I cannot wait!

1 comment:

  1. funny cause we hadnt even gone to see our dr yet at this point. our first appt i was around 15 weeks and 5 days. it took FOREVER to get in to see the dr in Richmond. They thought i was only 8 weeks along or so...and i kept telling them I was further. Anyways...I remember the anxiety I felt until that first appt, In my mind it wasnt real until we heard the heartbeat. I was scared to death they were gonna say that the seven preganancy tests i took were all wrong! ha. I am soooo excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete