Wednesday, January 28, 2009

People

So I was out sick yesterday and it snowed all day. Then it turned to ice. So I go out to my car and I start it so it can thaw out and I cannot find my ice scraper any where! It is missing! I scraped all of the ice off of my car with my hand. And I'm not one to leave ice on my car so it can fly off while I'm driving either. I got ALL of the ice off my car.

My problem today is that I had many neighbors out and about and not ONE offered me their ice scaper nor did they bother to help. I'm not playing the helpless girl here either. I mean I can obviously fend for myself...hence no ice on my car...but come on people. I mean how can people feel good about themselves when they just walk over other people all day everyday. This isn't really about an ice scraper. This is about people and how they are so busy walking and talking on their cell phones that they can no longer help anyone around them in need.

I mean a man was hit by a car last year and people just walked by him for minutes until someone finally called 911. I mean how hard is it to go and help someone. Its not like your boss will fire you if you come in late and say: A man fell in the street and got hit by a car so I stopped to help him. I'm almost positive the EMT's will write you a note.

THIS IS WHY THIS COUNTY IS SO SCREWED UP. We cannot blame this on congress anymore. If people weren't so greedy then these mortgage companies would not have been going after people who cannot afford loans and those people who couldn't afford these loans would not have gotten them and they would have stopped for two seconds to say "Hey, maybe I shouldn't live beyond my means...maybe I should start with this little affordable house instead of a mansion". If we all weren't so busy trying to keep up with the "Jones's" and just lived the best life you can, we would all be much happier, more helpful people. Obviously, the way that people are living today is not working. It is honestly shocking to me that people don't hold doors open anymore...and not even that...people won't even like hold it behind them so you can get it. They just open the door for themselves and then shut it. How terrible of a life do you have to have to not even hold the door for 2 seconds for someone to grab it.

I will be the first to admit that I love Barack Obama but he cannot change this country all alone. Everyone who is putting all of their eggs in his basket will be sadly let down. He can do a lot. He cannot change the greedy people. He cannot give you money so you can squander it away on a new cell phone or new car. People...We are AMERICANS. We work for our stuff. If you want something YOU BUY IT. Stop looking for Barack Obama to hand you piles of cash. It is not going to happen. The economy will come around. I just hope the rest of the country follows.

No comments:

Post a Comment